There’s a lot to be done in the Kingdom, and our faithful volunteers lead with their hearts and talents to facilitate God’s work. Concordia has a long-standing record of service in the Kingsburg community and beyond.
Teams meet at least monthly to discuss and plan upcoming events, update one another on progress and create reports for council & the congregation.
We invite you to explore and plug into a team to share your gifts.
Discipleship & Education Team
Lead: Jim Critchley
Responsible for Sunday school, and adult education opportunities as well as confirmation instruction.
- Youth Sunday School (Elementary)
- Confirmation Coordination
- Consult with the CYT leadership team
- Create and organize small groups & bible studies
- Work with the Pastor on choosing book studies and bible studies subjects
Worship & Music Team
Provide direction for worship services in accordance with the heritage of the Lutheran Church
- Develop and schedule all worship services
- Coordinate any special services
- Maintain scheduling of volunteers including
- Altar Guild for communion & paraments
Evangelism & Stewardship Team
Lead: Andrew Ferguson
Consider ways and means of evangelical outreach and good stewardship habits
- Create community and church events that promote Concordia & the Gospel in our community
- Encourage members to witness and invite others
- Welcome bags, Coffee mugs & welcome wagon
- Direct annual stewardship and pledge drive
- Promo materials, banners, brochures, cards, etc.
- Community participation: festivals & events
- Thank offering potluck and talent show
Concordia Youth Team (CYT)
Lead: Donna Moore
CYT is a group of volunteers serving high school-aged kids. Before anything, CYT provides a safe space where students can come and expect no judgment, a warm meal, and people who CARE for them, as they are. We focus on meeting our kids to talk about life & Jesus at their pace.
- Support volunteer leadership team
- Assist with engaging leadership interns
- Assist with a weekly lunch program
- Schedule dinner assistance from the congregation
- Assist with fundraising efforts
Building & Property Team
Lead: Gary Starr
Responsible for supervision and proper maintenance of church building and rental properties
- Maintain the church building, annex, offices, and fellowship facility
- Manage the use of fellowship hall for all events
- Maintain rental properties
- Procure bids/estimates for work or maintenance
- Monitor & schedule custodial teams
- Oversee decorating committee
- Schedule spring cleaning party
- Establish and maintain an inventory of church property
Servant Outreach Team
Responsible for staff, communications, covenants and technical support for the church
- Review and update job descriptions for all paid staff
- Maintain and update ministry team descriptions and responsibilities
- Facilitate communication between staff, volunteers and church council
- Oversee personnel matters
- Fill open positions, make recommendations to council
- Work with finance team to monitor expenses
Actively encourage and oversee social gatherings for members and prospective members of Concordia
- Identify and greet visitors
- Enlist a volunteer coordinator for weekly refreshments between services on Sunday mornings
- Arrange luncheons for newcomers
- Manage volunteers for Lenten soup suppers, potluck dinners, thank-offering, etc.
- Enlist volunteers for funerals and special events such as bridal/baby showers etc.
- Manage all aspects of church in the park